We set it in motion.
Each project has it's own unique set of challenges and personality. For that reason, at McDermott Homes, Inc., we look forward to approaching every project with an open mind and a clean slate. Our goals are to provide precisely and accurately the specific services our clients need. McDermott Homes, Inc. ensures our clients are presented with the best building methods, materials and technologies available today. We apply appropriate analysis, explanation of materials options and expert value engineering before the ground breaking process begins.
Pre-construction services we often provide:
- Prepare and update construction costs estimates as needed to ensure the budget is maintained. Recommend alternative methods/materials to improve the schedule, reduce costs and facilitate construction.
- Work together with the clients representatives, Architect, Consultants and Sub-contractors as a catalyst for the clients. Identify any areas of potential conflict in the construction documents and assist the clients in resolving them before the construction begins.
- Receive at least three bids per trade. Prepare bid analysis outlining areas of qualification and make recommendations to client for award. All bidding information, bids and qualifications are to be available for review by you and your representatives.
- Review programming and design as it progresses, and prepare preliminary estimates of the construction costs.
- Review preliminary material specifications and design details and advise on material availability and constructability of design.
- Prepare, monitor and maintain a project schedule that evolves as the design progresses
- Identify, quantify and explain the impact on costs and schedule of any value engineering items.
- Identify long lead items and materials that may require pre-purchase and make recommendations on schedule and costs.
- Finalize a list of approved subcontract bidders. Prepare bid schedules, instructions to bidders and conduct pre-bid meetings.
- Establish a Contract Agreement for the work based on bid analysis. Include the date of substantial completion and a complete listing of each of the subcontracted trades.
- Attend periodic design review meetings. Contribute as requested.
- Help obtain necessary building permits and encroachment permits.